Agua may mean water, Agua de Valencia certainly is not! 😉 It’s a cocktail invented in a café in Valencia (café Madrid, recently re-opened after being closed for a while). There are many bars in Valencia that serve this great Agua de Valencia cocktail. The drink is tasty and refreshing, but be careful, it does contain a large amount of alcohol. You hardly notice it because it drinks away as easily as water, or even easier 😉
- Fresh orange juice (from Valencian oranges if you can find them)
- Cava (or other kind of sparkling white wine)
- Strong liqueurs such as vodka, gin and a little orange liqueur
- Ice cubes
- Press the oranges
- Put the same amount of cava and orange juice in a jug with ice cubes
- Add approx. 2 cl of gin and 2 cl of vodka.
- Optionally add sugar to it
- Serve in a glass with ice cubes
Did you also get excited about Agua de Valencia after watching this video? I’d love to tell you more about my favorite cocktail bars during one of my tours!